Monday, June 05, 2017

Some years Playboy magazine awarded the Playmate of the Year a really cool car, like Corvettes, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc. Some years... it was a lame car


a 70 Capri... and a 77 Charger. Damn, that sucks.



But a mid 70s Subaru? Well, that is the worst. Especially compared to the 1979-1984 were just Jaguars and Porsches. 1985 was back at lame with a Toyota MR2.

Then it was Jags, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Corvette until 1990 with an Eagle Talon.
http://jalopnik.com/5536844/playmate-of-the-year-cars-1964-to-2010/

6 comments:

  1. It's easy to see which of the ladies were extra nice to Hugh, and which ones weren't...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow... that's what I was suspecting as well! Who gave him the girlfriend experience, and who was just on site for the photo shoot and then went back to her life away from Hollywood

      Delete
  2. There is a video on Jay Leno's garage you tube about the Pink Amx the gave, now restored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've seen it, but I've posted so much about that car from the times I've seen and photographed it, and when the owner let me know he'd found it and restored it, and wanted some free publicity before it's grand reveal. So when Jay did his video I watched it to see if there was anything in it that I hadn't covered about PMOYs, or AMXs, or that car, and since there wasn't, I passed.

      Delete
  3. Did Playboy inc buy these cars, or were they product placement, and so they gave away whatever a manufacturer was willing to give in exchange for some ad copy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. It could be either. A Lamborghnini Countach? I don't think that was product placement. I'm going to agree with Larry, it probably had a lot to do with how much the woman took care of Heff's bedroom needs

      Delete