Monday, January 09, 2017

1970 Z 28 was driven until 1977, then stored in the barn until the guy retired so he could enjoy it then, except... he died. The widow sold it.



82,000 miles on it, and when pulled out of the barn, the smog pump was locked up. Once that was dealt with, the car fired up


The nicely preserved Camaro came with a 350 LT-1, four-speed trans, power brakes, and no power steering. The glovebox was stuffed with original paperwork, including the owner’s manual, Protect-O-Plate, bank statements, order form, original title, appraisal sheet, pre-delivery check sheet, etc.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/barn-find-rare-1970-camaro/

2 comments:

  1. Nice deal for the new owner, but such a sad story.....

    As a guy coming up on his 54th birthday, I worry that I may never get my TR6 back on the road before I am dead or to old to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEAN! What? You're storing a TR6 until who knows when? Hmmm... I think we need to make an intervention. I'll bring the pizza, someone else can organize a "pass the hat" for beer, we will stand around the car and brainstorm how to get you back driving it. I say this because I know that hanging out and bullshitting while in teh very presence of the car in question sometimes has benefits. My 69 R/T hasn't moved all year, and all it needs is for a sunny day and a turn of the key. Really... for all I know, that might be what you need too. I still want to replace stuff, improve stuff, etc etc, but a spin around the block - in my case - is possible. Hell, it's theraputic. But not in bad weather of course, and that means looking at my car being as averse to wet roads as a cat to a mud puddle. Dry is far safer with crummy ol drum brakes, dry old tires, and practically bald back tires (smoked them a time or two) .
      I ran this post with the intent that people like me and you would get the message to get out and enjoy the car a bit more, and not put it off til retirement... but reality is, I can't afford new tires even, or replacing the suspension and brake slave cylinders. So, it sits and waits. Maybe yours does too.

      Delete