Wednesday, February 03, 2016

proving that investors should avoid running up the tab on collector cars, the recent barn find Alabama Daytona was over a 10,000 dollar loss to the guy who bought it out of the barn


Charlie Lyons found and bought it, for over 100,000 and it only sold for 90,000. Add the sales tax of about 10% that Charlie paid, and he certainly lost over $20,000 for thinking he had a gold mine when he really only found a rusty Dodge. And THAT is what over inflates the prices on collector cars.

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/barn-finds/1602-barn-find-daytona-sold-at-mecum/

5 comments:

  1. I think it was sold for 90,000 not for 10,000

    Hartwig (alte Kisten)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Well, that was stupid of me to miss that when reviewing it! Thanks for the catch!

      Delete
  2. Yes i know, but below the picture you wrote "...and it only sold for 10,000."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a goofball... isn't that why you look at my goofy blog? and I make a lot of errors and mistakes... This was just the easiest to find... Thanks! I kid you not, Every day I make corrections and improvements through the archives. I simply have no backup for catching mistakes except for you readers, so, thank you!

      Delete