Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Andy Rooney, bought an Alpine Tiger new, kept it his whole life, drove it a lot


here's what he wrote about it in a 1988 column “For years I wanted a little sports car with lots of power. That was slow coming, too. In 1966, I finally got what I wanted, a Sunbeam Tiger, British racing green, with a Ford V-8 engine under its bonnet. I still own it, and it weakens my theory about gratification and desire because I like having it today as much as I did the day I bought it.”

his twin daughters learned to drive, in this Tiger... he tossed them the keys and told them not to grind the gears.

He did not get in the car with them.

Full story and more photos at http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/12/25/a-few-minutes-with-andy-rooneys-tiger-1966-sunbeam-tiger/

Thanks Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment