Thursday, July 30, 2015

Forrest Fenn stands next to an old U.S. Army wagon in the ruts of the Santa Fe Trail, which runs through his property


https://stories.californiasunday.com/2015-07-05/the-everlasting-forrest-fenn/


This poem written by Forrest Fenn contains nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of his rainbow and the treasure. Happy Hunting!

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
 And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answer I already know,
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
 I give you title to the gold.

Forrest Fenn says he has hidden a chest full of gold and other treasures and has invited anyone to go looking for it in the mountains North of Santa Fe. Searchers only need the poem from his memoir which include 9 clues listed to find it. 

2 comments:

  1. Me and my boys heard of the FF treasure on Expedition Unknown. Needless to say we are hooked and will be planning family vacations to hunt for the FF Treasure.

    ReplyDelete