Sunday, March 15, 2015

Last of the Mohicans... Hank is the last original owner/racer





and Hank is one NICE guy, he always seems to have time to shoot the breeze and share some stories. Above he's on the left of the call board, and below he's telling the guy about the many times he's been featured on magazine covers


Last time I looked it up, there are only about 5 original Shelby Cobra owners, and only Hank brings his to the shows http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2013/04/hanks-cobra-winningest-cobra-racer-ever.html  and because no other racers from the 60's owned, or survived, I'm privileged to have met and talked with Hank.

The link above is from the full gallery with call boards, interior shots, etc when Hank brought his car to the Knotts Berry Farm Fab Fords event in 2013

2 comments:

  1. Hank is a great guy to talk to! Did you get a shot of how worn the pedals are in that car?

    Bruce Cambern is another original Cobra owner, but I don't know what kind of racing history his car has. More recently, Bruce's Cobra won the 2009 OUSCI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I did a couple years ago... at the Knotts Berry Farm Fab Ford event in 2013 or 14... along with the dash plaques and interior. The lighting was not bright enough for decent interior shots this time. It's the 1st time I've seen Hank get an indoor air conditioned location, as in the past I've seen him at Knotts, Speedfest, Simpsons Nursery, and the Embarcadero. Maybe other shows... but I was glad he finally got an air conditioned break for a change.

      Delete